Unsure of Christians
- They were angered by the manner of the protests, not the injustice that caused them.
- They were angered by the phrase, Black Lives Matter, not the racial inequity that spawned it.
- They were angered by the division of opinion on racism within the church, not the racism itself.
- They were angered by the terms white privilege and white fragility without doing the soul-searching work to understand it.
- They were angered by the use of racial terms like black and white because they falsely believed God to be “color-blind”.
“Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians—you are not like him.”*Bara Dada, philosopher
* Jones, E. Stanley. The Christ of the Indian Road, New York: The Abingdon Press, 1925. (Page 114)